This is a perfect dish for cold winter nights. The white beans and pastirma (a type of cured Turkish beef) make a healthy stew and the added spices and capsicums make it taste wonderful. A much healthier alternative to opening up a can of baked beans - it isn't hard to make and gives you a taste of Turkey! All of the ingredients can be purchased at Grand Foods (look for pastirma in the deli).
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 to 40 minutes
Pastirmali Kuru Fasulye - a great winter warmer.
You can find pastirma, which is an Anatolian cured beef, in the Grand Foods deli.
830g Tamek white beans
300g pastirma slices
1 tbsp olive oil
Pinch of salt
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 tbsp pepper paste
1 white onion
Pinch of black pepper
1 tbsp ground cumin
2 chopped red capsicums
1. Chop onions and capsicums and add into pot.
2. Add tomato paste, pepper paste, olive oil and salt.
3. Stir ingredients until combined, then leave in pot to cook on low to medium heat for 20 - 30 minutes.
4. Add black pepper, salt, cumin and more olive oil.
5. Add 1 litre of water.
6. Add white beans and chopped slices of pastrami.
7. Cook for a further 10 minutes with lid on and serve. Garnish with parsley.
Made by Grand Chef Australia, using ingredients from Grand Foods.